The traditional Basque flavor is best known when visiting typical Basque villages in Labourd province.
The morning, as it has been customary in Biarritz since the Belle Epoque, should start with an impromptu picnic breakfast with Gâteau Basque, local delicacies and champagne in the village of Bidart overlooking the ocean by the chapel.
• 11:00-12:00 – Cliff walk along the ocean
• 12:00-13:00 – Transfer to Getari, an authentic Basque village by the ocean, a favorite place of Parisians, where we will learn the rules of the most popular Basque game Pelota and try to play several games in practice.
• 13:30-15:30 – Lunch at Gaztelur, one of the best restaurants in the region. Antiques and design are harmoniously combined here, harmony with nature reigns, inspiring chef Alexandre Bousque to culinary creativity.
• 16:00-18:00 – Itxasu is the French capital of black cherry, the basics of Basque jams. It goes perfectly with the local sheep's cheese Fromage de Brebis. Visit to the Ossau-Iraty sheep cheese farm - cheese tasting.
Espelet is the birthplace of red Basque pepper. It is everywhere here: the shutters of windows in houses are decorated with it, it is used to prepare most dishes and delicacies (cheeses, chocolate, jams and drinks). We will get acquainted with the secrets of production and application of the main seasoning of all French chefs — red paprika from Espelette. The village is known for its pepper fair, held annually at the end of October.
• Dinner at the traditional restaurant – tavern of Basque cuisine Euzkadi